CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Erica's Craft Room Card Creating Tuesday


Hi Everyone, welcome to Card Creating Tuesdays over at Erica's Craft Room. Today's theme  we are using heat embossing on cards. For today's project I made a card I saw at Archiver's during Christmas. I made a few and I'm thinking of sending these out for my next Christmas card. I hope you like it.

to make this card you will need:
Tim Holtz Joyful Song Collection Stamp Set
Stampin' Up Come to Bethlehem Stamp Set
White embossing powder
Gold Embossing Powder
Cardstock of your color choice, I used Red and Gold
Recollections Tinsel Glitter in Champagne
Heat Tool
Versamark Ink Pad
Embossing buddy
Marth Stewart Glitter glue
Cricut Sophie Cartridge.

Recipe:
Fold 8.5x11 paper in half
cut out red paper with sophie to get the border on the bottom at 8x5 1/2
Stamp Image with Versamark Ink add white  embossing powder shake off access and use your heat tool, it wil change from powder to a glossy liquid color when its finished. Repeat with versamark ink and gold embossing powder. 
Next, take some Martha Stewart glitter glue, I like bigger bottle with the brush. Brush about 1/4 of the bottom and sprinkle glitter.
Next, glue down the red paper on to your gold base.

Inside you can ink or hand write your sentiment. It makes for a beautiful handmade christmas card that your loved ones will love to have.

I hope you enjoyed today's project.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! love this stamp
    tfs
    www.craftnthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card!! embossing makes it from blah to WOW! -dt doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! I love how rich it looks with the embossing. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card! I love the embossing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dana, this card is so beautiful!!! The embossing is awesome!!
    MCCR DT Sister,
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete